This position is responsible for managing, coordinating and leading Agency resources in order to meet Client(s) marketing and advertising needs. The Account Manager has overall responsibility for Agency output and provides perspective and leadership in the development of the highest quality advertising product.
Major Responsibilities / Principal Accountabilities:
- Key account representative for Agency and Client
- Services Client on day-to-day basis to ensure all deliverables are met.
- Builds and maintains good relationships with Client.
- Works with Account Director to develop long and short-term marketing and advertising initiatives.
- Helps Client evaluate effectiveness of marketing and advertising programmes and monitors competitive activities and plans appropriate response/action
- Works with Creative team to ensure creative development is on strategy and meets Client’s expectations / standards
- Keeps senior management fully informed of account activity and development including client issues.
- Manages overall budget and account profitability including monthly internal account reconciliation.
Qualifications / Specific Skill Requirements:
- Able to present and sell Agency thinking and work
- Solid presentation and project management skills
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship-building skills with clients
- Knowledge of all agency functional areas in order to monitor, evaluate and impact the quality of work from strategy development to the finished product (this includes production, media, research, etc.)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- BA/BS degree required
- Minimum three to five years’ experience within an advertising agency or related industry.